Can students use the West Ada School District Bus System?

Yes, there are shuttle buses provided from each home high school. Buses will run the same schedule as Joint School District #2.The bus numbers will be available at registration, or call the West Ada School District Transportation Dept. at (208) 855-4440.

Are lunch services available? Where and who do we pay?

Lunch services are available through West Ada School District. Free and Reduced Lunch Forms will be available at registration and on the West Ada School District’s website. Breakfast is available before school. Make checks payable to Food Nutrition and give to the kitchen staff at Meridian Medical Arts Charter School next door. There is also an option to pay online at . More information about the nutrition program can be found on the West Ada School District’s website.

What supplies are required for my student?

        • Scientific calculator (Algebra II or higher bring a minimum of a TI-83)
        • Pens, pencils, paper
        • Binder with dividers or expando file (Student preference)
        • Headset with 3.5mm connection (the standard computer jack)
        • At least one professional dress outfit for professional dress days (Please refer to latest handbook for a more detailed explanation of professional dress days and attire.)
                • Slacks or skirt (no denim)
                • Dress Shoes (no sports shoes or sandals)
                • Polo or Collared Shirt
                • Socks match outfit
                • Dress for business not a date;traditional,conservative business dress is expected.
                • Belt

Is an internet connection required at home?

No, however it is highly recommended. Student assignments, calendar, grades and email are located on the web.

NOTE: MTCHS now hosts a server called “PHOENIX”, which holds all of the vital school software students will need to complete their assignments. PHOENIX can be accessed from both school as well as from home.

What software would be helpful for my student to have on a home computer?

Students are not required to have any software at home. Other software needs depend on the student’s interest. See Software Page for more information.

What software is available through the school?

The school participates in the MSDNAA program which allows students at MTCHS to get legal copies of Microsoft Server and Development Products for a minimal cost. See your technology teacher at the beginning of the year to sign up. This does NOT include Microsoft Office. Also Adobe products are not available through the school. However student versions may be purchased from retailers for a significant discount if you have a student ID card.

What type of electronics/computers may the student bring to school?

Students need to use the school computers during class time and for all assignments. However, students may bring MP3 players, laptop computers, cell phones, and other electronics. The school is not responsible for the loss of these devices. Also students may be told they CANNOT use their personal laptop or other electronic devices in class. Electronic device in use is a privilege and may be taken away for any reason. If a student brings a laptop to school, certain programs must be installed on the computer (for more information on this process please see Mr. Beebe). Cell phones must NOT be used or heard during class. Flash drives or other removable storage devices are not allowed.

What extra-curricular activities are available?

        • SkillsUSA (See your Tech Teacher or Ms. Deitchler)
                • Technical Skill Training Sessions Before and After School Starting in November
                • State and Local Competitions
                • Leadership Training Opportunities
        • Student Government
        • Home High School Activities/Athletics(See your home high school for details)

What are the school hours?

7:55 AM to 2:15 PM

What type of extra help and computer access will students have after school hours?

There is a computer lab open for student use Tuesday-Friday 7:20AM to 7:50AM and Monday-Thursday from 2:35PM-3:20PM. Students should contact individual teachers to setup a time for specific help.

What are the attendance requirements and how do parents report an absence?

Students are allowed 30 hours of absence per semester. Any event that is not school related counts for this time. This includes doctor’s appointments, illness, etc. School events at home high schools count as school related events and are excused. Parents are required to report student absences by calling Mrs. Claflin at 208-288-2928.